Amazon is one of the trending online shopping platforms that has recently introduced a wide range of features. Amazon Web Services or AWS is one such outstanding feature with numerous add-ons. Let’s look at the AWS API gateway, understand what is it and what are its features?
AWS API Gateway: What is it?
Amazon API Gateway or AWS API Gateway is the service that helps you create, maintain, publish, monitor, and secure REST along with HTTP and WebSocket at any scale. The purpose of this service is to provide multiple functioning features on a single platform. It is a fully managed service that makes all the developers’ creation, management, and monitoring tasks easier.
APIs act as the application’s entry point and allow them to access data, business logic, or functionality from your back-end services. With an API gateway, you can create all types of APIs that help you enable the two-way connection between the applications. AWS API gateway can support containerized and serverless workloads along with numerous web applications.
AWS API Gateway can handle all the tasks involved in accepting and processing tremendous concurrent API calls. These calls include traffic management, CORS support, authorization, access control, throttling, monitoring, and version management of AWS API. AWS API Gateway can be set up with no minimum fees or startup costs, making it a profitable deal. Further, you are only responsible for paying for the calls you receive and the data transferred out. AWS API offers a tiered pricing system that allows you to save more while using the AWS API system. At AWS Training in Noida at 3RI Technologies, you can learn AWS API Gateway with industry experts with practical demonstration.
Further, let’s see how you can access the AWS API Gateway in different ways.
How to access AWS API Gateway?
The underlying ways state the procedure to access AWS API Gateway using different methods.
- Management Console: The AWS management console creates a web interface that allows you to access and manage the APIs. Once you are done through these steps, you can access the API Console and your AWS API Gateway.
- Software Development Kit (SDK): If you use a programming language that provides a Software Development Kit for AWS, you can use SDK to access API Gateway. The role of SDK is to simplify authentication, integrate with the development environment easily, and give access to API Gateway commands.
- API Gateway Version 1 and Version 2: If you are not using a programming language or if you are using a programming language for which the SDK is not available, then you can use this method to access API Gateway. You can use any of these versions to access your AWS API Gateway.
- Command Line Interface: On Windows, you can run commands at the Windows command prompt to access AWS API Gateway.
- Windows PowerShell: The AWS Tools for PowerShell are the set of modules built on functionality exposed by AWS SDK. You can use this tool to access AWS API Gateway
Read More : SEO Services You Need to Buy
Features of AWS API Gateway
The underlying bullets state the outstanding features of AWS API Gateway.
- It provides excellent support for both stateful and stateless APIs. The stateful APIs like WebSocket and stateless APIs like HTTP and REST work great with AWS API Gateway.
- Further, it is one of the most powerful, flexible authentication mechanisms that work on the grounds of AWS Identity and Access Management Policies. Also, it is excellent with Lambda authorized functions and Amazon Cognito user pools.
- It has access to the developer portal for publishing your APIs.
- Besides, it can access CloudTrail logging and monitoring of API usage and API changes.
- It also helps in Canary release Deployments which further help for safely rolling out changes.
- It gives you the best support for custom domain names.
- You can protect your API system against common web exploits by integrating it with AWS WAF.
- Further, integrating your API system with API X-Ray can help you understand and triage the performance latencies over the system.
- It allows you to CloudWatch access logging and executes logging, including the ability to set alarms and many more additional features.
- It also can use the AWS CloudFormation template to enable API creation.
To sum up, you can start with your AWS API gateway that allows you to access numerous features at the least possible cost. AWS API is one of the most reliable Gateways that you can use. Get started with your AWS API Gateway today for an HTTP, REST, or WebSocket. Visit Job Oriented Courses and make a successful career in IT.