Not long ago, people relied extensively on the locks’ physicality with keys for security. Even though they offered some level of protection, they were still vulnerable. Luckily things have now changed. Technology has transformed the way people secure and access their homes in revolutionary ways.
Digital locks with Wi-Fi connectivity have emerged as a significant advancement in home security, offering seamless connectivity and unmatched convenience. This technology has changed how people view their security and offers a better option for protecting and monitoring our homes when we are away.
Features of Digital Locks With Wi-Fi
● Remote Access and Control: Locks enabled with Wi-Fi allow users to remotely access and control them from anywhere, With a mobile app and have an internet connection.
● Virtual Key and Access Control: These locks eliminate needing a physical key. You can control who can access your property remotely without needing your physical presence. The virtual keys programmed in the system ensure this happens.
● Integration with Smart Home Systems: Wi-Fi-connected locks can connect with security systems such as door video phones to enhance home security.
● Provide Real-Time Notifications: As long as they stay connected to the internet, these locks provide real-time status and send you a message in case of any activity.
● Automatic Lock and Unlock: Digital locks can automatically lock or unlock based on your proximity to the door without needing physical intervention.
Benefits of Wi-Fi Enabled Locks
Digital locks come with sophisticated technology that has redefined the notion of convenience and paved the way for unprecedented control over our homes. It has eliminated the need for physical presence to pass the key to people we wish to allow access to our homes and replaced it with a tap to our smartphone to grant access.
Digital door locks incorporate advanced security features to provide maximum security to a property. The encryption protocol ensures secure communication between the lock and the connected device, preventing unauthorised access and hacking.
Seamless Integration with Smart Home Systems
With a Wi-Fi-enabled lock, you can connect it to another security system in your home. They are compatible with security cameras, doorbells, and video phone calls to add a layer of security and convenience.
Can be Updated
Digital locks are programmed to adapt to the latest security patches and feature enhancements. They can be updated to install more security features and give access to more people while locking others.
Provide Access to Activity Log
If you are away, you can still access the information of who secured access to your home and at what time. Digital locks also notify you about those who tried to unlock your door when you were not around.
Digital locks bring a new approach in terms of convenience to home security. They enhance the ease of use and connect with other smart devices to provide every homeowner with a comprehensive and seamless experience.