In this Blog I am going to tell you About the compatibility of Apple Watch with Android Devices. And also discuss the Issues and problems with Apple Watch during connectivity and also in their working process with any of the Android Mobile Phone.
Apple watch can’t Fully Work with an Android mobile Phone
- Apple Watch is exclusively made for working with Apple Devices Like iPad, iPhone, iMac. Only in Apple Ecosystem.
- But it is a possibility to Connect Apple Watch with Android phone.
- Apple Watch is also connected with Android. But there are many Limitations Using Apple Watch with Android.
When Your Apple Watch is Connected with an Android phone you can only do some of the functionalities. That are given Below.
- You can only Receive Calls.
- Dials Calls through Siri.
- Check some of the Notifications.
- Play Songs.
- And also do some common Functions.
Difficulties in connecting with Android
Apple watch has their official application (app) on Appstore which is used to connect and setup your newly Apple watch with your iPhone. But the Fact of matter is that, this application is not available on Google Playstore. Apple does not offers its official app on Google Playstore. So, you can’t download it in Android device.
And there is no wat to happen to just pair it with Bluetooth settings.
Apple Watch Market Share Worldwide
Some Reputable Stats
- The number of Apple Watch users worldwide reached over a 100 million mark in the year 2020.
- In the first half’s of 2019 and 2020, Apple was the leading smartwatch vendor by shipment revenue market share with a 2020 market share of 51.4 percent.
- Samsung was positioned second in both years with a market share of 9.3 and 9.4 percent in 2019 and 2020 respectively.
- In Europe. Apple took a larger share than any other manufacturer, reaching 36 percent of all wearable devices in the second quarter of 2019.
Apple watch with Apple Ecosystem
Apple is a King in Smartwatches Market. With a market share of more then 50% Worldwide. And Their No 1 competitor Samsung owns only 9.3 to 9.4 Percent Market share. That’s the reason Apple has their Monopoly in Wearable devices.
Apple Watch works with apple devices very Fluidly and you can enjoy all his Exclusives features that only Apple watch offer’s you as compare to any other watch. The main feature of Apple watch is Connectivity with Apple devices. And all the money that people spends on Apple watch is just for this feature.
Apple devices has best connectivity and compatibility with each other and they all are highly optimized for this. This is due to the apple’s full control on their hardware and Software.
Features that Apple Watch offers with Apple devices
- Cellular helps you stay in touch with a tap.
- You can easily Stream 75 million songs with Apple Music at anytime and anyplace.
- It allows you to buy anything at anytime with Apple Pay very quickly and securely with just a double tap of the side button.
- Improve your sense of direction with Apple Maps.
- Tap into thousands of apps with the App Store in just easy way on your wrist. Without having to take out your iPhone.
- Another cool feature is Family Setup lets everyone in on the fun.
- It offers you many fitness features.
- Check your blood pressure constently.
- It provides ECG on your wrist. Anytime and anywhere.
- Oxygen level in Blood.
How to connect apple watch to android
It is a tricky process to connect Apple watch with your Android mobile phone. But its work.
I am going to tell you how I been using the Apple Watch with my Android phone. In a way I am getting all my Calls, Text messages, Email, Twitter notifications and more. On my Apple watch without killing this Battery life.
And when I am going out, there is no more Android phone in mu pocket.
And first of all I am just tell you its not a easy process
For this process you must need an iPhone along with your Android phone. First connect your Apple watch with your Android phone by Hotspot and also connect your iPhone on same Android phone Hotspot. Because your Apple watch and your iPhone automatically sink with the same network and save and mentain this connection. In this whole process your internet is used by your Android phone and also Battery is consumed from it. And you all are know that Android phones has More bigger battery then iPhone and other Apple devices.
And other matter is that your Apple watch is always connect to your iPhone which is mostly back at home. In this case your All notification are first comes in your iPhone and then your Android phone And also in your Apple Watch which you probably want.
I know it is not a perfect way to connect Apple watch with your Android phone But there is not any perfect method to connect Apple watch with an Android device. So, I think it’s probably Good.
Check all things are fully working or not?
Set your Apple Watch up with the iPhone first.
Check that all the connection are completely working.
Make a test call or two with Apple watch to ensure everything is fine
Put the iPhone into airplane mode so it cannot reach out the cellular connection with your apple watch Or turn it off.
Swap the SIM from the iPhone to your Android phone and boot it.
Turn on the Apple Watch every time to ensure that it can’t lose cellular or network connections.
Wait for the Disconnected notification to disappear from the Apple Watch.
And some exclusive features that is only for apple ecosystem are not working.
Hope for the future
I hope, in feature there is some method discovered to connect your Apple Watch with any of the Android phone and using all the Apple exclusive features with losing more battery. But it is just a hope for the feature I don’t think that the Apple allows something kind of this without catching more money from your pockets.
We all know that when Apple invent new technology it is not much cheaper Apple charges extra money for their technologies and devices This extra money is some kind of Apple Tax.