QuickBooks is accounting software for accounting and bookkeeping for small and medium scale businesses. This software helps to use your account from anywhere with access to the internet. It was developed by Intuit and initially released in 1983. QuickBooks also provides different versions like the desktop version and the online version with monthly and yearly subscriptions.
QuickBooks has all the features which are needed in your business and that’s why it is costly. If you create a summary record or want to track all your financial information then QuickBooks will never disappoint. Thus, I’m here to share with you the troubleshooting steps of one of those errors known as QuickBooks error 3371.
QuickBooks error occurs when QuickBooks files are damaged, corrupted, and are not responding. Windows has to be updated because outdated versions create problems while opening the software. All these errors can be resolved by installing a QuickBooks tool hub.
In this article, we will discuss all QuickBooks error 3371, why this occurs, and how to resolve it on our own.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371?
The error occurs at the time of reconfiguration of the desktop or activating the QuickBooks for the first time. The main reason behind this is missing and damaged company files, which contain your QuickBooks desktop license properties. The error message popped up on the screen “could not initialize license properties”.
Quickbooks Error 3371 is a particular error to the enterprise version. Other messages that you may encounter on your screen are (could not initialize license properties error 3371), (could not initialize license properties error 3371, status code 11118), and (could not initialize license properties error 3371, status code -1). It will display another dialog box; showing a QuickBooks fatal error when you click OK and close the window if you do it again.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Error Occurred
Intuit has made it compulsory to save license information on your hard drive. And if the document, files, and license got missing and damaged then you can face QuickBooks error 3371.
There are many reasons for the problems that make the error occurs and these can be solved with guidance suggested below:
- Damaged MSXML component- MSXML is related to the Windows operating system required to run QuickBooks desktop software. The component is essential to recover the data in the QBregistration.dat file.
- Antivirus- The outdated windows OS or antivirus program can be another cause as it blocks QuickBooks desktop to sync with the important window.
- Damaged Qbregistration.dat- The license information is saved on the files. QuickBooks attempts to read damaged Qbregistration.dat whenever it starts. If the file is damaged and not working properly then the QuickBooks desktop will not open.
- Lose the connection of the QuickBooks data file- The users must have saved the file before importing the QuickBooks file. If you don’t save the file then you face these issues.
- QuickBooks has stopped working- Problem has occurred Quickbook stopped working correctly. Windows will stop working or close the program and notify you if there are any solutions.
- You must ensure that your window is up to date and have the latest released. If not, then your QuickBooks installation was failed and damaged.
- If you still get QuickBooks error 3371 after doing all these solutions then you might have a corrupted windows operating system.
You May Also Read – Quickbooks Error h202
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 3371
- Update your window
This is the first step to resolve the issue by updating your window. If the window is not up to date then QuickBooks desktop will not install and it become damaged.
So, below are some steps to update your window:-
- Click on the start button.
- Thereafter, tap all programs then click on window update.
- Click on check updates.
- Now reinstall and update the Quickbook desktop again.
- Delete ECML file
To delete the ECML file, follow the below steps:-
- Firstly, press the window + R button together. It will open the RUN window,
- In that window press C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement client\v8.
- Then, the window explorer will open.
- Now, delete the ECLM file and close the window.
- Try to re-run your QuickBooks software.
- Rename Entitlement File
For window XP users:-
- Click start and choose the run option,
- Then enter C:Documents and setting AllUserApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2.
- Then click OK.
- Now you can rename it to resolve the error.
For window 7 users:-
a) Firstly, open C: ProgramDataEntitlrment Client.
b) Now you can rename the file,
c) When you start a QuickBooks, it will create a new file for you.
- Fix Error 3371 From Run Quick Fix my Program
- QuickBooks desktop should be closed for further steps.
- Then download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, select the Quick fix my program option then tap on OK
- So, the last step is to open the QuickBooks and the data file.
- This tool will automatically resolve all the errors in the QuickBooks desktop to recreate the damaged files.
- Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool To Fix
- First of all, you have to open the tool hub program.
- Then go to the installation tool and choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and run it.
- Wait for few minutes when the tool is running,
- When the tool finishes working, reboot your computer.
QuickBooks is an accounting application that helps businesses. It generally pops up different errors. We hope that the solutions above have resolved QuickBooks error 3371. You can check out our other articles if facing other error codes